first mistake

It seems to me that the first (albeit minor) tactical mistake was in putting Forte on the IR instead of Eric Williams.  Now, it could be that Forte actually had back spasms, but that is not a ten day malady.  That's a day to day problem--if it's true.  Williams, on the other hand, was clearly in need of rest.  It was shortsighted to let him play hurt; yet, that decision was wrapped in the coach's high evaluation of E Will.  Clearly, Johnson brings as much to the team as E Will.  And Forte needs playing time.  What we saw vs. the Wiz was not an aberation; he is that good and deserves the chance to make the rotation.  Still, it's a long season and these are short-term issues.

I noticed that Tinsley was 4 for 4 one night and 0 for 8 the next.  That's him.  But he is a bona fide pg, someone who will control the game.  Our mistake there was is thinking we don't need a real point, since we have Walker, blah, blah.  I think a real point guard would put our offense on track.  Another problem of being captive to Antoine.  Altho' I would have taken Tinsley at ten and then JJ, I agree with the theory that Forte can be very productive at point, even a better and more reliable scorer than Tinsley--but will Antoine let him have the ball?

Cheers,  Gene
Find a job, post your resume on Yahoo! Careers.