RE: What We Learned From The Chicago Game

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-celtics@igtc.com [mailto:owner-celtics@igtc.com]On Behalf Of
Way Of The Ray
Sent: Friday, November 02, 2001 7:06 PM
To: celtics@igtc.com
Subject: What We Learned From The Chicago Game

- Paul Pierce has trouble guarding quick shooting guards, and
really should be left at small forward. Props to Brandon on this issue.

Then who does defensively overated Eric Williams guard?

- Joe Johnson, while no Richard (Matrix 2) Jefferson, did play well,
and probably should get the game ball for scoring points at a critical
junction.

If JJ had Jason Kidd on his team you'd be calling him Matrix 3.

- Dalibor The Sweeede Bagoric has long arms.

- If Marcus Fizer, generally viewed as a bust, can light up the
Celtics frontcourt, who can they stop?

My thoughts exactly

- Hey I told you that Strickland was a good acquisition

Yes, he will definitely help match up against the Charlotte's of the NBA.  I
can see the logic of this move now because it will allow Pierce to slide to
small forward with Strickland guarding the two and either Palacio or
Anderson the one when those 2 guards like Wesley, Allen, Mercer, etc...are
too quick for Pierce.  Strickland minus the eight extra pounds he is
carrying is going to help quite a bit.

- Tim Floyd has a coaching death wish - maybe he wants to get fired -
but
when you lose games with veterans and don't play your high lottery
picks,
you're providing management with the inertia to fire you.

- Chicago and Cleveland are badddd teams. Probably the two worst in the
NBA
right now. These two Celtics wins are pretty meaningless, because the
competition
is so sub-standard.

Cleveland actually played Charlotte tough the other night and beat Miami
tonight.

- Ron Mercer would be great as a scorer coming off the bench.

Too bad his ego would never allow him to fill that role.

Ray

PS: What more can you say about Antoine Walker. It's nothing different
than what we've seen for the last five years.

I'm afraid you may be right.  If only he wasn't so schizophrenic....