Re: I continue to support and believe in Antoine.

I tend to view the Celtics over-optimistically at the
beginning of every season... but I must say that last
night's loss to the Nets wasn't so bad.  Antoine
Walker had a horrible game.  Pierce had a bad game
too, except for the fourth quarter.  7 turnovers, 0
assists?
We all know - well, most of us, at least - that
Antoine is a better and smarter player than he
exhibited last night.  That was an anamoly.  How many
of the Walker critics out there actually expect him to
perform like that every night?  The door is temporary
open for melon-head insults and the like, enjoy it
while you can.
The Celts almost beat the talented Nets with Walker
having a horrid game and Pierce being very average.
Both of them can and will play better, especially
Antoine.
But the best news of all is Kenny Anderson!  If he
continues to show flahes of being an actual NBA point
guard then the Celtics can either try to ride him to
the playoffs or trade him while he has trade value.
Does the Strickland signing foretell of trades to
come?
There are so many point guards on this team; why sign
another one?  This indicates that the team may be
trying to trade some PGs or they have absolutely no
confidence in Kenny staying healthy, or of Forte
actually working out at point.

WHAT are the odds of Forte actually having back
spasms?
It doesn't make sense to invent an injury for Forte if
he's actually healthy.  Does O'Brien place Strickland
ahead of Forte on the depth chart already, even before
Strickland has had a single day of practice?

--- Maurice Spruijt <maurice@soneramail.nl> wrote:
> So Walker had a bad shooting game in game 1, a
> horrible shooting game in
> game 2. The guys on the radio did mention that
> toine's teammates supported
> him after the missed shots and all. But look at some
> fans. Some of them just
> can't get over it and will never admit antoine isn't
> such a bad player like
> they claim he is. If he is such a bonehead, then it
> takes a bonehead team to
> support him a bonehead coach to play him and a whole
> bonehead management to
> pay him. If some fans say he's sooo bad, then I
> believe their criticism is
> not only directed to walker but also to the whole
> celtics organization.
>
> Besides, the stats don't lie: Walker DOES alot more
> than shooting. He can
> rebound (9.0 at the moment) and he DOES pass 4.5
> assists, while pierce has
> 0.5 at the moment. Last year I'm sure he was the top
> powerforward if you
> look at scoring, rebound and assists.
>
> If you want a complete player, than judge him on his
> total game, not just
> his shooting slump.
Find a job, post your resume.
http://careers.yahoo.com