No Subject

> Did any scores from around the league last night pique anyone's interest?
> For me......and Atlanta's OT loss at Houston (despite a
> nightmare game for Terry and Kukoc).

I assume Mark was saying he was surprised Atlanta played them so close
despite miserable games from two of their starters. Right Mark? The same
could be said about the Celtics last night. They had no business being in
that game and the ironic thing about it? From our perceptive little French
Poodle, Joe:

> Give Pierce credit for turning his own game around in the second half (of
> course he wasn't getting booed, which helps). If you look at the final
> boxscore, Pierce shot 5-19 from two-point range compared to Walker's 4-18.
> He fought through just as horrible a first half as Walker...it was the
> threes that made Pierce a hero and Walker a true goat.

I love those threes. Now, I'm not sure I agree that Walker was the goat only
because of his three point shooting, but will he continue to shoot threes so
badly? No. He hits a few more and they win. He hits a couple of twos and
they win. Kenny hits those free throws? This team played one great game and
one horrible half. Game two guys.....no big problem.

I picked them to win what, 34? The difference between this team winning 40+
and 34 isn't Antoine's miserable shooting, any more than the reason the
Hawks lost on opening night was Abdur-Rahim's six turnovers...the last at a
crucial point in overtime. Couldn't resist.

Paul M.