Subject: RE: latest internet rumor...and it's a doozy

> Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 12:57:36 -0400
> From: OzerskyJA <OzerskyJA@cmog.org>
> Subject: RE: latest internet rumor...and it's a doozy
>

> I am so not sold on this guy.  There's a million skinny, seven-foot small
> forwards around now.  What set Nowitski apart was his amazing, Bird-like
> shooting skills.  Otherwise, what separates these guys from the headless
> chickens?  Give me a real basketball player, even if he's only 6'8".  I've
> had my fill of 7 foot quick forwards on this team.

I am with you Josh. Nowitski is a rarity. Seldom do you find
perimeter-euro-basketball players play defense (or having the desire for that
matter). And Nowitski is adequate on defense, not great, but ok, with the
occasional steal as he got quick hands.

Some posters compare Gasol(ine) to Pat Garrity! If this is so, then why waste
your pick on such. Garrity is basically a spot up shooter, can't drive or slash
and he didn't improve during his 3 years now.

Anyway, all this hype about Gasol(ine) is good for us - it pushes a better
player down to us OR it gives us more options for trade if Gasol(ine) is still
on board at 10/11, assuming teams drafting after us are drooling over Gasol(ine)

cheers
kevin