re: Fagan and his clients

>    Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 12:36:00 +1000
>    From: W <titans@ihug.com.au>
> Subject: Re: Fagan and his clients
>
> However, Shandon Anderson is the best example of that why Fegan sucks as a
> agent.
>
> Shandon Anderson left Utah, a certain playoff team for less money and a
> non-guaranteed starting job (he lost it whereas the Jazz guaranteed him a
> starting job).
>

> Look at Fegan's history; it is the poorest of any agent in the NBA.

hey W, thanks for posting. Actually I think otherwise. Fegan got 42mil/7year
deal for Eisley, which is not bad. Jazz was wise not to match, as Eisley was not
a factor for the Mavs during the playoffs. So Fegan got "max" value for Eisley.

Obviously Shandon Anderson could not get what he wanted out of the Jazz but I
think Houston is not a bad situation with the cap space available this off
season. Or he can use his contract option to opt out where the exception is
worth 4.2mil. I think Shandon did OK, not great or ideal, but still OK.

Actually, the NBA players really make a big deal out of "starting or not
starting". To me, it is not important. If a player can contribute out of the
bench, I am sure his minutes would be more than the starter he replaced.

I don't know about Fegan's other clients or history, to be honest. (but you
don't have to post about it, IMO)

cheers
kevin