Re: Top picks & #21

John Lyell wrote:

>  Top six picks  (order yet to be determined),  according to Peter May:
>
> > Tyson Chandler
> > Shane Battier
> > Eddie Griffin
> > DeSagana Diop
> > Eddy Curry
> > Kwame Brown
> >

> These seem pretty logical with Jason Richardson possibly moving up in there
> if a team needs a guard.

Yes, Richardson goes in the top 7 or 8.

> A couple of questions:
>
> Since Atlanta does have a bunch of big men, will they take Richardson or
> trade down?

Depends where they draft. They're also looking to move Brevin
Knight and acquire a bigger point guard. Maybe they'll trade
down for the two Celtics picks and use one on Tinsley.
Maybe Knight and the Atlanta pick for the C's two picks
and some players.

> Is it worth trading 10 & 11 to move up to get a Richardson,
> Diop, or a proven commodity like Battier ?

Eddie Griffin, Kwame Brown, worth it. Rest, not so sure.
If you get Gasol and Johnson at 10/11, it's a fine draft.

> Will Jersey take a chance on Chandler if available due to his size  and the
> problems they have had with their big men ?

Possibly him or Diop or Battier - depends where they pick.
They need 1. center; 2. small forward; 3. shooting guard.
Figure in a Van Horn trade.

> Could Walker and 10 & 11 for Jason Williams and Webber as good an offer as
> Sacramento may get if Webber wants out and a sign and trade is feasible?

Yeah, but Webber's not coming to the Celtics. So, it's a moot issue.

> If Bradley is a Mchale like offensive force inside, could adding him at the
> 4 spot and Tinsley at the 1 or taking a White, Forte, Gasol, give us the
> most trade value ?

Players with the most upside probably have the best trade value.
Gasol and Johnson qualify. Randolph and Johnson, something like
that.

> If we keep the picks I have a feeling we will be looking at taking two out
> of; Gasol, Bradley, Tinsley, Randolph, White, Woods, Forte

Randolph/ White/Johnson probably your best bet. Gasol would
be interesting.

> Some possible sleepers at 21 ?
>
> Samuel Dalembert 6-11 265 C Seton Hall So. -- Put on 20 pounds of muscle
> during the summer and is vastly stronger under the basket. Great shot
> blocker now and has a ton of ability to develop. Has a 7-7 wingspan!
> Offensive game is unpolished, but has the talent to develop into a great
> center.

Maybe, not sold.

> Vladimir Radmanovic 6-9 SF Crvena Zvezda Beograd (Yugoslavia) 1980 -- With
> the success of the Sactown bombers, Peja and Hedo, everyone is looking for
> more of the same. Has alot of natural talent. Can play the 2 or 3 position.
> Handles fairly well, finishes strong, and has very good leaping ability.
> Jumpshot is improving. One of those players whose statistics creep up on
> you.

Right idea, wrong country. I hear Chris Wallace is impressed
with Greek small forward Antonis Fotsis.

> Benjamin Eze 6-11 PF Southern Idaho JC Fr. - Maybe the most athletic of a
> super group of young Nigerians to come to the US to play basketball in the
> past few years. Has bigtime hops, and smooth all around game. Still very
> raw. Could be a MAJOR sleeper.

Shot .588 from the field, about .430 from the free throw line
- only played 15 minutes a game - the other Nigerian Uche
was more dominant. Very raw, 2nd round more likely.

> Tayshaun Prince 6-8 215 SF Kentucky Jr. -- Super long arms (7 foot
> wingspan). Good athlete. Has very good leaping ability. Glides around on the
> floor. Not extremely quick but has good agility. Proved to be a clutch
> player in the tourney. Similar to Donyell Marshall only plays the perimeter
> better and has more passion.

Okay.

> Keith Bogans 6-5 215 SG Kentucky So. -- Has great strength and toughness.
> Aggressive player who shoots the ball well, and plays hard. Has good
> quickness, but uses his strength to get to the rim and for putbacks. A good
> defender. Has fallen off since the end of his Junior HS season when he was
> the #1 player in his class, but still has an NBA future
> (Reminds me of Sam Cassell)

Forget about it.

> Jeryl Sasser 6-6 190 SG SMU Sr. -- Tall point guards seem to be the wave of
> the future with the Bulls and Lakers winning with Ron Harper at point. This
> plays right into Sasser's hands. Can play either guard position but has very
> good handles and should see time at the point in the pros. If not for an
> abysmal shooting %, would rank higher.

They had him in for a workout last year - seems to be slipping.
Probably can get him in the second round, if they acquire
a pick.

> Tony Parker 6-1 180 PG (France) 1982 -- Has very good quickness and
> fundamentals. Shows great maturity and composure at a young age. Very good
> at taking a player off the dribble, also has good vision and passing skills.
> With continued development has a good chance to play in the NBA. Needs to
> get stronger. A few years away from being NBA ready.

Coming on strong.
RAy