A fun draft

The InsideHoops mock draft is very similar to the NBADraft.net mock draft. I
think both of these are very realistic. Some of the these others are
laughable. As to our situation, I think it is a no-brainer to assume Griffen,
Diop, Curry, Brown, Chandler and Richardson will be long gone. I would be
worth it for us to offer all three of our no. 1 picks to move up and get Diop
because he could really cure our ills. However, it is very unlikely any team
would take the chance of missing out of getting a possible superstar so let's
forget that.

That leaves us with Shane Battier, Rodney White, Zach Randolph, Loren Woods,
Michael Bradley, Paul Gasol and Jamaal Tinsley still on the board at 7. Our
needs are a bonafide center, a scoring 2 or three and point guard. I think
the Clips will take Woods to back up the Candiman since they really need a
backup center and they always like West coast or Pac-10 products. I don't
think Woods will give us much more than what we presently have at center.
Therefore, we really have a bunch of small forward types, Randolph and
Tinsley. I don't think we take Randolph because we already tried his type
(Fortson), we have Moiso there already to develop and he can't find any time
with Walker getting mucho time.

Therefore,  we take Tinsley to solidify the point guard situation. We then
have Anderson, Palacio and Tinsley at the same position. We try to trade
Anderson but if there are no takers which is likely, we keep him and play
whoever works best. We just eat his contract and let him sit. We definitely,
definitely, DEFINITELY don't trade a pick to dump his contract. The only time
this happens is when teams are looking to clear room to sign someone else. We
obviously can't do that right now and won't be able to in the future with
Pierce resigning for big bucks. We end up being the first team to do that, we
would show what a cheap, low reaching organization that some people think the
Celts already are.

For the second pick, we need to get that third scorer. We could trade the
pick along with Anderson in an attempt to get someone like Allen Houston.
These things are hard to speculate. Therefore, lets assume we get this person
in the draft. Then you have to choose between what is left in White, Battier,
Gasol and Bradley.  Gasol is the interesting one thinking of the matchup
problems he could cause. Maybe he could get out of his contract early if the
Celts were to get him. However, I see us getting the third scorer/small
forward type in this spot.

Our last pick is the fun pick. Here you take the guy with the greatest
potential, regardless of potential. Interestingly enough, it seems some high
potential guys will be available--Wallace, Dalembert, Omar Cook, Cisse.

I would be very happy to come away from the draft with Tinsley,
Battier/White/Gasol, and Wallace. We could really have a fun, athletic second
unit next year with Tinsley, Wallace, Moiso and Battie running the floor.
This is going to be a very fun draft....

DJessen33