Re: ESPN's harsher take

"Berry, Mark S" wrote:

> The ESPN analyses appear to come from Andy Katz, who is a "go to school or
> the world will end" type. College basketball is his beat-not the NBA-so he
> has a vested interest.

BTW Andy Katz is a townie Beantown-area guy. I really like his commentaries in
general. He's fairly young, but he's better than most.

As others have argued, if you had a viable minor leagues it would make all the
difference. All these "stay in school" and "minimum age" arguments would go
away. I think that for many of these "stay in school" advocates like Katz, the
salient point is that a lot of these "hahdship" players are so clearly a few
years from being ready both technically and physically to help any NBA team.
It's not like Katz actually thinks all basketball players need college anymore
than a 90% (or whatever the stat is) of the guys in the Red Sox or Bruins locker
room. Do the Boston Bruins even have a player who's ever stepped foot on a
college campus (I don't know)?

***