Re: Crazy Trade Idea

on 5/7/01 1:25 AM, Michael Joseph Byrnes at mbyrnes@Stanford.EDU wrote:

> Anyone think it would make sense to send Antoine Walker to Vancouver for
> Mike Bibby and Shareef Abdur-Rahim.  Obviously Walker alone would not get
> the job done, but we could throw in some of our draft picks along with
> whatever other players would need to be traded either way to make the deal
> work under the cap.
>
> Rahim is a big forward who, unlike Antoine, does not think of himself as a
> cross between Magic Johnson (big PG) and Craig Hodges (3 point king).  And
> Mike Bibby is the point guard that the team badly needs.
>
> On the downside, a deal like this may not be possible even though Rahim is
> trying to force his way out of town, and there is the question of team
> chemistry between Rahim, Bibby and Paul Pierce.
>
> The reason I even suggest it is that I'm still not sold on Antoine Walker,
> or, to a lesser extent, Paul Pierce.  Both of these guys have obvious
> talent, but neither has so far shown the commitment to report for camp in
> the best possible physical condition.
>
> Michael
        ***********************
    This would be a dream come true.
  You are not the first one to suggest this deal, it's only crazy if
Memphis/Vancouver thinks it is.
    There are several of us who think the Antoinabee situation will bottom
out next season and the team will have to be rebuilt again, unless someone
reins him in now.
    I've been posting Walker trades for weeks now, his base year comes off
on July 1st., I believe. How about a three way, sign and trade with N.Y. and
Sacramento? We give up Walker and a pick to Sac.,who also gets a future pick
or a player, from N.Y. The Knicks get Webber and we get Houston and Jason
Williams. Add a few salaries and stir well.
JB