Re: Haston

Again, here in Big Ten country I've seen plenty of Kirk Haston. Before this
season he wouldn't have been considered anything more than "big goofy stiff"
prospect. But the ESPN scouting report is pretty fair. He really is a
talented offensive player. Good post moves, and he showed a nice outside
touch this season. He's incredibly weak, however, so getting those shots
off, or absorbing contact and finishing are real question marks. But, like
Joe says, you can work on strength. He's obviously not a consideration at 10
or 11, but I'm guessing he'll be one of the guys they'd consider at 22. He's
another great example, along with Troy Murphy and Michael Bradley, of guys
who should benefit greatly from the new rules. Before, these kinds of guys
really stuck out as defensive liabilities. Now, maybe they can be
hidden/helped enough on the defensive end that they have a chance to show
off those offensive skills. Plus, big men who can step out and hit a jumper
consistently are going to be more valuable with the defensive changes. If
only you could merge Haston and Big Ten buddy Ken Johnson, you'd have a
dynamite power forward prospect.

Mark