Antoinabee

Title: Antoinabee?
<< Chi 98
Bos 102

           ***********
   I saw the last three periods.
   My first and strongest impression was that Walker should never be allowed to play the three. I've flipped twice on this issue. Even though my better judgement was against it, just to try and get a shot blocker and rebounder in the line-up. After today's game, I will never mention it favorably again.
   When Walker was guarded by a smaller, quicker player; Ron Artest, he  could barely get the ball over half court. He was harassed, stripped and had at least two attempted passes stolen. By the end of the game he was getting over the line and throwing the pass very quickly. You could feel the relief that he had got rid of it. I was reminded me of an injured, aging, Larry Bird, not being able to get off a shot against Michael Cooper and other quick forwards.
   Not to say Walker played badly. He was pretty much in control of his worst tendencies, I didn't see him take any bad shots or force the issue. In fact he went strong to the hoop several times only to get whacked with no call and/or to have the shots roll out. I have never seen a player have such bad luck(or something) on drives. When those shots start to fall, and Antoine returns to the inside game, he will reach superstar status. Playing inside, with his quick moves and soft hands; a big man, who can burn you from the outside, if you don't follow him out, who can pass out of the double team and find the centers in the paint, would be where his game should be headed. Let's get a real point guard and put Antoine back in the paint or trade him.
   We would still need a shot blocker in the middle, but Antoine will not work out as a three and we need to take the ball out of his hands or a real point guard will never be happy here.
   Pierce took over the game at the end. If it were not for him, we lose.
   Vitaly was very good also. I wonder why he only played 17 minutes and O'Brien went with a clueless Blount for 23. Walter played the other center minutes and didn't look bad.
   Tony Battie would help this team very much.
   Stith played well. He hit his open shots and was active all game long.
   Eric Williams must smoke pot. How else to explain his lack of energy some games?
   Palacio is starting to think about shooting the "J." It will take a little more time, but he may get it. Randy Brown is such a bad shooter, most nights, but his defensive energy and saavy are very important to our success..
   A healthy, in shape and inspired Kenny Anderson would really help this team.
   There is no substitue for what Chris Carr could give us. When Pierce gets into foul trouble we are dog meat.
   All the above aside, we played a consistent and gritty game against a Chicago team that played to it's full potential. I beleive they are a center away from being respectable.     Mercer was unconscious, Brand is an elephant with touch and Ron Artest is a very versatile player, who impressed me, with his total game. Maybe a Bill Bradley type, with a bit more experience.
JB

--

Unchain My Heart!