Re: Celtics column for bskball.com, RIP Walter Dukes

In a message dated 03/16/2001 1:33:28 PM Pacific Standard Time,
berrym@BATTELLE.ORG writes:

> Good gracious, Josh, did you actually post something that indicates this
>  team should in any way count on Kenny Anderson next year? Please tell me
you
>  were typing at gunpoint or under the influence of hallucinogenic drugs.
Even
>  you can't be that optimistic.

    In Josh's defense, I was the one who raised this topic, and even I said
only something like, "Is there any conceivable way he might help?"  Josh
merely fed my gunpoint-or-hallucinogen-induced fantasy.  I was hoping that
maybe I could, for one brief shining moment, see Kenny as a soaring eagle
instead of an albatross or, worse yet, a dead duck.  With no disrespect to
Boston College or Mr. Chaney.