Re: Low post

On Thu, 15 Mar 2001 Douglas342@aol.com wrote:

> It has a fine Celtics slant by starting out hailing Kevin
> McHale as perhaps the finest low post player in the history of the league.

It should say "DEFINITELY the finest low post player in the history of
the league."   Malone is not close.

But the article is right.  I can think of few post players
today that have old school form and were as effective or better than post
players were, in other eras.
Shaq
Rasheed
Duncan
Smits, Baker (when they were young)

P.S.  Antoine wasn't too shabby in the post against Phoenix, but alot of
his postmoves end with playground style shots, that would be low
percentage for most players (like the spinmove across the lane against
Gugliotta, that got transformed into a no look reverse layup).