Pitino to come to Columbia, SC?

The paper here says that Pitino and Kelvin Simpson are at the top of the
Gamecock's wish list.  Pitino is reported to have an offer from
Louisville of $1.5mm and supposedly USC will offer him $2mm.  The others
mentioned in the hunt are Al Skinner, Tim Floyd, Quin Snyder, Steve
Alford, Tommy Amaker, and Greg Marshall at Winthrop in Rock Hill, SC.
Well, me, I hope that they don't hire Pitino or Floyd.

The problem with Pitino, which is who our AD wants to hire, is that he
was only paying Fogler $655,600 per year.  That is a big difference.

--
R. Bentz Kirby
bocelts@usit.net