re: Philly Game Illustrates ...

From: "Way Of The Ray" <wayray@ix.netcom.com>

>NBA talent isn't cumulative. Mutumbo an
>impact player beat Pierce, a very good player,
>and Walker, a good-plus player. It's that simple.

Yes.  I especially liked it when Mutombo was able to simultaneously
guard all five opposing Celtics, while his teammates slacked off and
cherry-picked at the other end of the court.

Come on.  This isn't "simple", it's "simplistic".  The Sixers won the
game without Iverson, on the back of some really good defense,
anchored by Mutombo, yes.  In addition, the C's refused to hit free
throws, and the refs made some questionable (read: bad) calls down
the stretch.  But mostly it was a very good defensive team beating
the Celts.

>As long as Pierce and Walker are
>the best you've got, it's no further than the second
>round for this motley crew.

Spoken like a true fan, all right.  Right now, the second round of
the playoffs sounds like finest kind to me, yes indeedy.  I guess
there's no way they'd get beyond that because NBA players never
develop or improve their game.

Regards,

Celticus "Tirdius"