Re: One more thing...

What do you expect O'Brien to say, Paul? The last guy who tried to tell
Antoine what to do had a $50 million, 10-year contract and still lost that
battle. O'Brien's only shot of keeping this job is making Walker and Pierce
happy--and for Toine, that's letting him do whatever he wants.

And if we take O'Brien's quote at face value... well, that's the same
strategy O'Brien used to completely destroy the University of Dayton
program. And I mean he completely destroyed it.

Besides, the point about making your teammates better applies to this lousy
supporting cast even more than it does in Milwaukee. The Celtics don't have
a Sam Cassell, Tim Thomas or Lindsay Hunter--all of whom are capable of
creating their own shot. Guys like Stith, Potapenko, Chris Carr and Randy
Brown desperately need the advantage of having someone else create a shot
for them. They're not capable of doing it themselves.

I know you love Toine, Paul, but do you really believe a team can win with
its power forward taking 14 3-pointers? If they don't win when he makes
seven of them, how can they expect to win on the nights he only makes two?
If he's playing small forward, and the Celts have a couple of bangers in the
post, then maybe it's different. But not now. And I haven't seen any
indication they're remotely willing to try him at small forward, so...