Baker, Walker, etc.

Baker is too big a risk unless you have an owner like Allen who doesn't mind
paying his scrubs gobs of money. Chances of him being productive enough to
earn even a fraction of his salary for 5 more years are minuscule. I don't
want any part of him.

Walker needs to play SF -- period. Whoever coaches next year (and I hope it's
OB unless a Cowens or Silas can be pried away) needs to convince him of that.
He will have his hands full defending against a few SF's but will cause them
plenty of headaches as well. He might be the hardest SF to defend in the
entire NBA if he gets it into his mind that's what he wants to be.

We would then need to get a bruiser to play PF or C. If a C is acquired then
Battie and VP can spend time at PF. Maybe one of them can be packaged as part
of a deal to get Antonio Davis as part of a sign & trade since he supposedly
wants out after Mark Jackson was dealt and is a FA at year's end. If not, we
may be able to get a PF with the exception. The guy doesn't have to be a
stud, just physical and a rebounder.

I still think our biggest need is a PG. As I've stated before I think Palacio
will develop into a very good PG in 2-3 years but I still want to get
Tinsley. If we were to end up with picks 13 & 17 for instance I would try to
package them to move up to get him --
maybe at 8, 9 or 10. If the draft is so deep that might be do-able. We'd have
problems fitting all those picks onto our roster anyway. Kenny is going to be
an albatross but maybe he can teach the kids. Perhaps he can be dealt in the
last year of his contract to a team looking for cap space. I had high hopes
for Herren but it looks like a lost season for him, now he may no longer be
worth the gamble unless we fail to get a PG in the draft.

George