Re: Seattle and Baker

I don't think you will see any contract renegotiating. This isn't like the
NFL. However, they may be willing to take Kenny who only has two years left
versus Baker's 5. That may also depend on the owner's situation. I think
Baker would flourish in a backup role, knowing he was going to get the ball
in the box and be expected to score. Walker should be able to get Baker the
ball where he wants it. I think Baker would play much better 20 pounds
lighter. He just needs a fresh start and a different role. (You could say the
same for Kenny but I think he has long term injuries that have taken away his
quickness.) Baker is just brain damage right now on the court. He has no
confidence. With all the water that has gone under the bridge with him in
Seattle, I don't think he will regain his prior form there. It is a risk with
his long term contract, but it is a risk I think we must take. I wouldn't add
any more than a no.1. If we also traded away VP to someone else, that
possibly could free up some money to take on Baker's riskful contract...

DJessen33