RE: [Celtic_Pride] article from Globe

--- You wrote:
Moving Toine to the SF position would signal a needed change in philosophy
for the Celts. Teams can win games in the NBA trying to "out-quick" their
opponents, but the most successful teams over the long haul out-size the
other guy. The Celts have tried small-ball long enough. Let's start pounding
teams with Toine at SF and work on upgrading the PF and C positions.
--- end of quote ---

I totally agree with this, as well as with Mark's comments re: Toine's
obsession with the 3-pointer. When Toine has a smaller guy  (e.g. Grandmama)
defending him, he usually can score almost at will against him in the low post.
Conversely, when he's being defended by the 'long'(er) PFs, he usually
struggles and resorts to 3-pointers. He would kill most SF's in the low post,
and probably would be just as succesful defending  against them as he is
against most PFs (i.e., not very). This would also shift Pierce to SG where he
would likewise kill most SGs on offense AND defense. It's a no-brainer if we
can have a viable 3-man rotation at C/PF that doesn't include Toine  - that is,
when Battie comes back and/or/if we get another decent big body. Right now,
you'd basically have to play Blount and Pot 40 min each, and spell them with
McCarty (ouch) and Moiso (worth looking into for eval purposes).
Kestas