Re: what is Phoenix doing!?

At 04:57 PM 6/29/01, Francis Hsu wrote:
>Ok, I can see Kidd for Marbury.  But Cliff Robinson to Detroit for John
>Wallace and Jud Buechler!?  Hell, could we have gotten Robinson for
>Eric Williams and McCarty???
>
>Francis

It's evidently a cap related move. Detroit is well under the cap (once free
agency begins) so I think they are taking on more salary than they are
giving up. Pheonix is looking to get back under the cap in '02 I think.
Plus he's 34 and making a pretty big salary until '03. He slipped quite a
bit last year in his shooting percentage too, and if he's not shooting
well, he's probably not all that useful a player, despite the 16 ppg.
Still, the trade does look funny.

Alex