Jersey numbers

At 09:55 29/06/01 -0400, OzerskyJA wrote:
>BTW, if you look at this picture, you will see that the "tiny" Forte is
>actually the same basic height as the other two guys, a fact that I noticed in
>pictures of him standing next to Vince Carter.  This is not a Dana Barros
>/ Craig
>Hodges type player.

Nice photo. I hope it is one for the ages. ;-)

Joe Johnson had hoped for Sam Jones' retired #24, but now he'll switch to
#31 for his Boston Celtics career. That was Cedric Maxwell's number.

Joe Forte wears a number (#40) to match the pronounciation of his last
name, reports Marc Cofman in the Herald.

Kedrick Brown wanted #32 but that's Kevin's so he got #42. Who has worn
#42? I have no idea.

The Celtics have 21 retired numbers on the rafters (and 28 Hall of Famers).

 From #14 (Couz) straight through to #25 (KC), only the number 20 has yet
to be immortalized by the Celtics organization and fans. That's Bryant
Stith's number presently.

Also, no number in the 40s has ever been retired, so Brown (#42) and Forte
(#40) have their work cut out for them.

Neither have #34 or #8, our two Boston captains. Joe Johnson (#31) and Paul
Pierce (#34) can only hope to be nice bookends for Larry Legend and Kevin
McHale. That takes winning championships, and that means beating Shaq, Kobe
and Zen Meister.

Oh, and in case you are wondering, Poodle Boy wears #5.

***