Re: [Celtic_Pride] "We are just soooo thrilled."

With the new rules a perimeter game could be ever so important. The Celtics could have just been wise to draft for value so they would have it down the road for future deals.
I think Forte will see point time. Would Walker for Webber be more feasible now? From who will Sacramento get more value? In two years when Duncan opts out we could be awesome baby !

----- Original Message -----
From: Jim Metz
To: Celtics @ igtc.com ; Celtics Pride
Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2001 4:38 AM
Subject: [Celtic_Pride] "We are just soooo thrilled."

   As it happens every year, the team got exactly who they wanted and the
players are just so thrilled to be coming to Boston and all that.
   I am happy with  Johnson and Forte as players and we had need to fill our
wing spots. Both players have potential to help out at the point and can
defend. Nice picks.
   The mystery for all of us seems to be the Kendrick Brown saga. According
to the Bulpet article this AM, Leo Papile schemed to keep Brown away from
other teams by plotting with Arn Tellem. The C's quarranteed a lottery pick
and Tellem kept Browm from workouts.
   Very mysterious, very strange, considering no one else was thinking of
drafting Brown, although the reasoning was, that he is so good, that after
workouts, eveyone would be after him. My question though: if he's so good,
why take Johnson also? They play the same position.
   Many of us felt the need at point guard and rebounding /interior defense.
We got no help there. Admittedly the highly rated centers were gone and no
one else wanted the point guards either.
   O'Brien wants a team to play the perimeter and shoot threes, well he's
got it.
   They say this group has the ability to run, but with no point guard to
lead the break and no rebounder to outlet the ball, I don't see it.

-JB-

Unchain My Heart!

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
Check out great fares at Orbitz!