Re: Draft Comments and Answers

At 16:02 6/28/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>A: Sorry, but the C's in order to get Johnson at 10, cut a deal
>with Arn Tellem to take his other client Brown at 11.  As far

And why did they need Tellem to get JJ at 10? Did Tellem order the teams in
the Top 9 to leave JJ for the Celtics?

>as I'm concerned, Brown's draft status was artificially inflated
>by the agreement the Celtics reached with Tellem. Had Brown
>opened himself up to more workouts, his list of flaws would
>have been catalogued by the talent evaluators, and his real
>draft position -- somewhere between 19 and 28 -- would have
>been firmly established.

So, what you're saying is, Wallace & Papile, who likely have seen every
tape of Kedrick's play in existence, watched him play in person several
times, worked him out,, and know his JUCO coach well, have seriously
misjudged KB's true ability and value in this draft, but you are able to
correctly evaluate it based on...what evidence? The ten-second clip they
showed of him during the draft? Had you even heard of Kedrick Brown before
the story broke a few days before the draft?
Kestas