Re: Draft Comments and Answers

At 04:02 PM 6/28/01 , Way Of The Ray wrote:
>DC: Celtics did the right thing by not trading up in the draft, because
>the level of talent between the higher and lower lottery picks
>was equivalent.
>
>A: This is such a load of hooey, it's beyond mauve.  Wrong,
>wrong, and more wrong. I'll take my chances with Gasol, Brown,
>Richardson, Griffin, White, and one or two of the high-schoolers,
>than the two good players the C's got at 10 and 11. One very good
>player is worth two good players anytime.

Well, we know that we could have traded up to get Griffin and White. If
Kwame Brown or Gasol end up being better than Joe Johnson and Kedrick Brown
(combined), them I'm sure Way will be crowing about his omniscience. But
nothing that any of us has read suggests that we could have traded up that
high.

So if you had the pick at #7, who would you choose, Griffin or White? In
two years we'll look back, compare the relative values, and decide if Way
was right or if Wallace/Papile was right on this one.

Alex