From: Berry, Mark S [mailto:berrym@BATTELLE.ORG]
Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2001 4:03 PM
To: 'Cecil Wright'; Berry, Mark S; celtics@igtc.com
Subject: RE: After sleeping on it, some draft thoughts...(very long)

Good points, Cecil. Philly probably wasn't the perfect example, but I guess
I'm just pointing out how differently the rosters are constructed. Philly
has centers and power forwards who can play, and role players at the swing
positions. But you're right, not a perfect example.

The zone defense thing is a real mystery. Can you disguise some individual
defensive weaknesses with a zone? Sure. But teams that play a lot of zone
typically struggle to rebound defensively, and that's already a Celtic
weakness. On the other hand, with our draft picks I expect the Celtics to
become a pretty good offensive rebounding team. Johnson and Brown should be
above-average rebounders for their size and positions, and Forte is a
monster rebounder for his size. I can see all of those guys slashing in for
offensive rebounds against "zone" defenses.

Hey, the positions will sort themselves out. I expect the team to see the
need for a monster post guy, but maybe I'm wrong. I'm looking forward to
seeing all of these guys. The summer league can't get here soon enough for
me.

Mark