RE: After sleeping on it, some draft thoughts...(very long)

> By the way, who was it who didn't think that Bibby would get shipped?

OOPS - I guess that would be me . . .

To be fair though I said I didn't think he'd be shipped to Jordan's Wiz ;?)

The Grizz (or Express or whatever) did get a PG back, which was the gist of
my post - no way was Brevin Knight going to replace Bibby.

It actually looks like a win-win trade. Sacto gets a predictable, staid, but
competent PG (I've never been a big Bibby fan even when he led the AZCats to
the title) and the Grizz get someone who - though erratic - will wake up the
rest of his teammates with his passing and enthusiasm. It was clear that
Bibby wasn't getting it done in Vancouver so he gets a new shot with a far
better supporting cast. Likewise, JWill needed a new start and what better
place than a franchise starting in a new city with a new core of potentially
exciting players. I wish them both well.

-Tom Murphy

> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 11:07:27 -0400
> From: "Liles, Donald" <liles@hr.upenn.edu>
> Subject: RE: After sleeping on it, some draft thoughts...(very long)
>
> Mark,
> Good post, I came away from last night thinking that there has to be some
> sort
> of deal out there. I like the draftees as well, but the logjam they have
> created
> (spin it as competition if you would like) on this team will solve little.
>
> I am a firm believer in taking the best player available, it helps in
other
> maneuvering,
> but just it made no sense for the Cavs to draft Diop and Haywood, someone
> must be
> going somewhere else. Perhaps I am old or still confused by the draft
> dealings from
> the lockout year but...do the Celts have to wait until 8/1 to make trades
if
> they didn't
> happen last night? I just remember Doug Collins trying to keep Theo
Ratliff
> from saying
> anything about Otis Thorpe coming to the Pistons, that may have just been
> until the new
> cba was worked out I don't remember.
>
> Does last night's draft help us push the Kenny for DC deal? He has the
size
> but is he
> only attitude now? How about we call Mo Cheeks to see if he wants to
> jettison Rasheed,
> you have to think that they will have problems together. I guess since
Mark