RE: Draft thoughts

Nice post Alex, I concur with your points, particularly regarding the
perceived 'redundancy' - it is not going to be a problem and if it is, then
it will be a pleasant 'problem'.

It looks as if the Cs are going to take the best of what was available (I
wonder if they would have taken Diop over Johnson and Kedrick if he'd been
available? one would guess so but . . .) and try and play to their strengths
(unlike Pitino). This means constructing a Milwaukee (or dare we even
compare them to late 80s Pistons?) that is very athletic, can score in
bunches and gets by on the boards with virtually non-existent shotblocking.
Unlike the Pistons or the Bucks however they seem to be moving in the
direction of not having an orthodox point but rather several players who can
handle the ball well for their position, more like teams that play the
triangle. It will be unorthodox for sure but Wallace actually seems to have
a plan and O'B seems to be a little less set in stone with his coaching than
you know who. I am actually excited about the prospect of a number of
athletic players who have more than one skill and who can actually shoot
(even free throws) manning most positions with more off the bench (what a
concept - a bench that actually contributes!). At the worst it should
provide us with ample fodder for future wheeling and dealing.

cheers - Tom Murphy

PS: as fun as it would have been to be able to buy a Celtics jersey with
MURPHY on the back, I am very glad they passed on the guy - whew!