Re: Nazr

At 11:54 28/06/01 -0400, Georgek27@AOL.com wrote:
>Our best chance to get Nazr is to convince him (here's a job for Walker) that
>Boston is the only place he wants to play. We can then package VP and someone
>else -- maybe even another of our centers -- in a sign and trade.

Great idea, by George. But I'd hope the second player is either McCarty or
Williams, to clear the logjam for the three rookies.

I actually prefer we send away Bat Girl for Nazr. I'm going to sound like a
hopeless Celtics fan nutcase here, but I actually think having Potapenko's
backup minutes is going to pay huge dividends down the road if we reach the
Finals in a few years. He can draw Shaq out of the paint with his 18
footers. He can also hold his ground on defense and deliver six
meat-tenderizing fouls per game. Bat Girl and Nazr would look like malibu
barbie dolls next to Shaq. We can't be all finesse. Vitaly is a nice
example of a millionaire with a great work ethic. And even though this
isn't ice hockey, he is our team's only bodyguard and enforcer on the court.

Someone mentioned that we shouldn't be so flippant about dumping Stith,
Randy Brown and our other veterans (Williams) since it was defense that
turned this team around, and rookies just don't get it. I agree with that,
but at least the three rookies have a good defensive reputation and pretty
mature bodies for 20-year-olds.

Let me say this though. SIGN Randy Brown as an assistant coach before the
Bulls or someone else does. His knowledge of defense, ability to
communicate, and great influence on conditioning and weight training will
be missed if he isn't retained in some capacity. I actually think he WANTS
to retire, but will miss the money. Buy him out by offering him a longer
coaching contract. I hope Obiewon is seriously considering this idea.
Please do this. The team is short one assistant coach anyway, isn't it?

Joe

***