ESPN: Johnson, Brown not too thrilled

I don't know about this spin that ESPN is putting on it.  Brown seemed shaky
up there, and just very nervous.

Josh F
http://espn.go.com/nba/draft2001/s/2001/0627/1219731.html

Wednesday, June 27

Around The Theatre ...
By Andy Katz
ESPN.com

NEW YORK -- Boston better hope it gets a warmer reception in person from
Arkansas sophomore Joe Johnson and Okaloosa-Walton (Fla.) Community College
forward Kedrick Brown.
Neither seemed terribly excited Wednesday night.
Johnson was extremely stoic while he was making his media interview rounds.
He smiled once at the end of his interview with ESPN, but barely. He said
everything was fine, but he showed absolutely no emotion about being taken
by the Celtics at the No. 10 pick.
Brown, who was guaranteed to go in the lottery to the Celtics at No. 11, was
nearly just as subdued.
"I'm really excited and can't wait to get things started," Johnson quipped
without showing a smile. "I thought they needed a great scorer and I can go
in there and help them."
Brown said he knows there's a tough adjustment for junior college players,
maybe even harder than high school seniors. The last one to go in the first
round was Alex Radojevic to Toronto in 1999. He was traded to Denver this
season and hasn't been a factor in the league.
But the word in the NBA is that the Celtics might be moving another player.
They shocked the teams at the bottom of the first round by taking Joseph
Forte at No. 21 instead of a point guard like France's Tony Parker. Unless
Forte can play the point, the Celtics have a glut of players in the
backcourt with three first-round picks.
Johnson was the player the Celtics coveted the most, followed by Brown. But
they didn't seem too jazzed when they were selected.