Re: While The Celtics Were Farting Around Drafting Complimentary Players....

At 07:03 28/06/01 -0400, Way Of The Ray wrote:
>Houston traded all three of their picks for the
>flighty but uber-talented Eddie Griffin.

Good point Ray. This one is the only scenario I think Boston could have
gotten involved in with our #10 and #11 picks.

I would have supported it, but others might not. Our two picks carried a
lot more value in this draft than Houston's three picks, if you believe the
first tier of talent ended with the 10th (or 12th according to Papile)
selection.

I think many of us would have given this draft a higher grade if we had
added a shotblocker/rebounder in either Griffin or Diop. That much I agree.

We'd have ended up pinning our hopes on one lottery pick instead of two
(both have issues, too), but at least a trade up to Diop or Griffin would
have fit both a "BPA" and "Need" strategy.

Joe

***