tutelage/seasoning they need. Imagine Bill Russell working with Diop, for
example. This also opens up more jobs for ex-players to stay in the
organization as coaches and the like. Second, they need to get a mentoring
system in place for these kids. Going from high school to on the road with
a professional sports team is just too big a social leap.  Not every team
has an Antonio Davis (who took in Al Harrington) - it needs to be
structured in.

That said, we better hope that Diop slides. I say no way will he last to
#10, but if he does, that's a lock of a pick. If he's not there, I bet
Radman is one pick, and a swing at the other (could be Battier if Kendrick
Brown goes in the top 9, if not then Johnson). At #21 they will go for more
scoring.

I think they'll stick with Palacio and Herren/Anderson/Antoine at the point
for now, because if we get a top 12 pick next year (very likely), we could
pick up one of  Frank Williams, Chris Duhon, Marcus Taylor, Dujuan Wagner,
Troy Bell or the kid from Florida.

I loved the article about Papile - what a rogue (and a grub).  Also enjoyed
Shira Springer's article (a first) on Wallace.  It gave me hope for my
younger stepson who is 22 and crashing & burning at every job and still
basically living at home. (for those who didn't read it, Wallace lived at
home until he was 31 or so, never kept a job he didn't feel like, and put
all his energy into his own thing -- scouting and starting a little hoops
rag).  Anyhow, what impressed me about both these guys is that I think
their egos don't get in the way of the team, unlike our dear, departed
RP.  And they clearly were overridden on the Moiso pick (and we knew about
McGrady).  I esp. like having Papile on board because of the number of
young kids and foreign players, both of which are groups he has lots of
connections with.

We're pretty much guaranteed a great night!

  --Ellie