RE: trades & draft

At 09:10 27/06/01 -0400, OzerskyJA wrote:
Frank Burlison says there's definitely no Portland
trade.  Looks like it will be slider and Brown, and
then hope for the best at 21.  Some speculation on
the message boards that the portland trade is in play
for Anderson/Brown for Stoudamire/? but that's just
internet stuff.

----------

Not just Internet stuff Josh..read Peter May's Boston Globe mock draft
below. To me this illustrates May's laziness and near total irrelevance as
a basketball analyst. At least I hope so. ;-)

No prevailing wind in this open draft
By Peter May, Globe Staff, 6/27/2001

(.....) Tellem has arranged a deal for Brown to get into the lottery at No.
11. The Celtics would then trade him to Portland for a player and some of
Paul Allen's cash. There could be other enticements; one report yesterday
suggested the Celtics would receive Bonzi Wells, which seems a bit of a reach.

10. BOSTON - DeSagana Diop, Oak Hill (Va.) Academy: This one should be a
no-brainer. Chris Wallace loves Diop and the Celtics get a big guy to develop.
11. BOSTON - Kedrick Brown, Okaloosa-Walton (Fla.) CC: This one is for the
Trail Blazers. The Celtics will be well-compensated for their largesse.

***