Re: So What Do We Know So Far....

At 05:01 PM 6/26/01 , Way Of The Ray wrote:
>Go for Gasol I say - Biggest mistake the C's are making in this draft
>is not trading up for someone who can have an impact.

How do you know that any of those teams are willing to trade down? Sure, I
think that trading our 10+11 for the #1 pick and taking the best player is
a good idea. But would Jordan agree to it? Doubtful. Can it get up to #5 or
whatever it takes to get Gasol? Maybe, maybe not. Maybe the GMs on the
other end sees it the same way you do - one impact player is better than
two lesser talents.

Wallace has said that he doesn't see us moving up but that could mean that
he actually can't, at least not up enough to snag Gasol. You can't
criticize him for not making a move until you find out that it was actually
possible. I mean, I can blast Wallace all day for not trading Eric Wiiliams
for Tim Duncan, but guess what, it's impossible.

Alex