Fwd: Re: Antoine Walker/Draft

>If you don't know the difference between Antoine Walker and other ballhog
>shooters, then you don't know basketball period.

The above statement does sound a bit strong, but Walker was #1 among all
NBA forwards in steals (Shawn Marion was #2) and #1 in assists (0.5 more
assists per game than the great Kevin Garnett) as well as triple doubles (5).

If that's the "out of shape" version of Antoine Walker, then I agree with
Michael Gooen on this list that it is shear lunacy to trade him now. All
this kid does is jack up shots like Greg Kite could too? C'mon, be fair.

Walker has amassed more than 3,300 rebounds in his career (a lot), stays
healthy and doesn't turn 25 until the middle of August. What's one of his
greatest asset IMO? His ability to keep his mouth shut and say positive
things about us fans, given the one way crap he's had to put up with. Go
from NBA city to city and see how many immature millionaires do that? How
many of us would blame a player if he did?

Unless you really, really hate him. I recall reading one trade him scenario
last week on this list that involved Michael Dickerson and Ike
Austin...  Oh boy.

---