Katz says Gasol, Brown and Tinsley in Green

Andy Katz has Pau Gasol, Kedrick Brown and Jamaal Tinsley dressed in green,
and the reasoning and guess work behind all this makes decent sense.

I think many people will be happy with that mix of upside-versus-experience
and needs-versus-talent, even if we don't get a center or Troy Murphy in
the deal.

Boston will likely have to wait a year for Gasol (which on the plus side is
the reason he'd even fall to us in the first place if he can last through
the 1-6 picks). I'm not sure he's ready to be thrown to the wolves just yet
anyway....basketball ego being a fragile commodity. I'd love to see Brown
and Gasol in the Shaw league though!

The just turned 20-year-old Kedrick Brown will either be a force-of-nature
like Marion was or he will have his work cut out adjusting to the quantum
leap from Juco to NBA (Earnest Brown Jr). If he's anywhere close to a
Jordan or even Vince Carter,  basically Chris Wallace can prepare to pose
for his statue on the bench next to the bronze Red Auerbach statue in
Quincy Market. Add another Vince Carter and obviously we'd leapfrog
Milwaukee and Philly I would think, and set our sites on the Zenmeister.
What's great is he seemingly can pass, rebound and play impact defense.
He's not just a shooter taking "touches" away from the captains.

Tinsley will play too and help the team chemistry, I'm sure. Maybe get spot
starter minutes and possibly help the team really gel, as the season
evolves. The poor guy has been getting dissed no end recently, but he's
still a far cry from Wayne Turner in terms of base talent. Personally, I
prefer Tinsley to Omar Cook if  one or the other were to be there at #21.
Omar got torched by Providence's John Linehan and obliterated by Duke's
Jason Williams. If he switched teams with Tinsley in college, the Johnnies
would have performed FAR better down the stretch than they did. He seems to
have an immature strain of cockiness...any yo yo dribbler will be eaten
alive by Walker and Pierce's egos, even with Pitino gone, and he's an
atrocious spot-up shooter.

I say we don't necessarily need to draft a point guard at #21. The #21 slot
is crying "take the best player available". Lots of intriguing choices
there, and happily Wallace has worked out the lion's share of guys who
might fall there.

I imagine Wallace must be feeling stress, but on the other hand he also has
good reason to think two guys who will help the team and entertain fans
likely will be available in the WORST case scenario (Kedrick Brown and Troy
Murphy). The thing is that above them there are ten guys who have been
consensus top-ten picks for weeks now, which means that at least one other
player will be available at #10 to upset the whole equation.

If it is Joe Johnson, do you take Joe Johnson and Kedrick Brown? That's not
an easy question. I hope it is Pau Gasol or Diop.

---