Cuckoo's Nest Time

We're all headed there.  For me, it's fifteen to twenty-five
years--how about you?  We're all headed for the funny farm and this
draft may reduce our geriatric gestation time considerably.  I'll be
wearing a black Celtics' cap with green and white lettering, just so
you can stop me and say, "didn't you use to be . . ."
(When I introduce myself to students, I often say, "I used to be John
Havlicek."  Fewer and fewer of them get it.)

We may draft Gasol, the Okaloosa wonder, and Parker--an all-unknown
draft.  It's just such a marvelous exercise in mass disturbance going
on out there.  The people on the ESPN list are going bananas over
every rumor and we're just barely more reserved.  It seems that the
familiar names give us more assurance, so we want Joe Johnson or Troy
Murphy or Richard Jefferson--two presidents and a law.  Or Arkansas,
Notre Dame and Arizona.  If these "ringers" from Spain, France and
south Florida emerge with green jerseys next week, it may be the best
thing that could happen.

Imagine the pressure on Wallace and O'Brien.  Just imagine.  Maybe
they're more jazzed at the opportunity to score big and don't feel it.

Enough.  The weekend couldn't pass quickly enough.  Cheers.  Gene