Re: Fox Sports also has Kedrick Brown at 11

At 09:15 21/06/01 -0400, Berry, Mark  S wrote:
  I'm not sold on Wallace when it comes to his
vision for building a basketball team, but he does seem to have a gift for
finding players others might not notice. Maybe Kedrick Brown is his
masterpiece.

---------

Hi Mark. I'm intrigued as well. Maybe we should already explore nicknames
(e.g. Kedrick "Kornbread" Brown) to acclimate ourselves with the small but
growing possibility he'll play for the Boston Celtics.

This next comment is totally "for what its worth", but just in case list
members want to put Kedrick's outstanding Juco stats in some sort of
reasonable perspective (I did), here they are side by side with Cory
Hightower's great numbers. Hightower, of course, was Earnest Brown's
teammate at Indian Hills CC. Both Kedrick and Hightower are accomplished
freethrow shooters with remarkable scoring and passing ability for their
height. The 6-8 Hightower bombed in 22.6 ppg and 4.4 assists his sophomore
year on 48% shooting. Kedrick's numbers are better in all other respects,
and he has a much better reputation for defense not to mention his absurd
leaping ability.

Kedrick: 62 games  .542FG .388 Treys .756FT
19.9ppg 9.6rpg 3.4apg 3.3blocks 2.0spg  2.0 turnovers

Cory H:  66 games .485FG .387 Treys .770FT
17.6 ppg 4.4 rpg 3.6 apg 0.9 blocks 1.9 spg 3.3 turnovers

Below are some scouting reports on Hightower, to add a perspective on what
pre-draft hype sounds like. This is not to say Hightower will be a bust,
just that he was drafted nowhere near the lottery.

Cory Hightower
My scouting report on Cory is this. I live 30 minutes from where Cory
played. I've been going to (IHCC) basketball games since 1989. Cory has
excellent ball handling skills. when he gets hot or should I saying a zone
he can shoot with the best of them. Like I said his ball handling is
super., as Dick Vital would say "it's awesome baby." on a fast break be
ready and have good hands because he will thread the needle. I've seen it
time and time again. I've went to the NCAA basketball tournament 3yrs. seen
a lot of good basketball player's Cory is 1 of the best 8 players I've seen
at the junior college level in 10 yrs. Cory needs to gain weight... wait
till you see him play he likes to win. Have fun watching him play..
Scout: bbljkime@pcsia.net

NBADraftNet
Corey Hightower
NBA Comparison: Jalen Rose
Strengths: Nice athlete. Good scorer and ball handler. Can stroke it from
outside. Creative offensively.
Weaknesses: Must get better defensively. Not particularly strong. A top
juco player but questions about his strength and quickness against top
competition.

---