Re: Gasol is in!

At 01:51 PM 6/20/01 , j.hironaka wrote:
>Changing the subject, I was wondering if they ever identified the guy who
>cracked Michael Jordan's ribs? I'm hoping it wasn't Toine, having read in
>earlier reports that they were often guarding and trashing talking each
>another. Apparently MJ was posting up someone when it happened. Doug
>Collins said it was a freak accident. In any case, losing MJ for two months
>could conceivably lesson Antoine's commitment to the program. Naturally, I
>hope that's not the case. Weightlifting can be quite addictive once you
>start seeing results in the mirror, and hopefully Toine will keep up the
>work under Tim Grover's supervision.

I had the same thoughts when I heard the news, and read today that it was
Ron Artest (ESPN Insider, I think). Then again, when did Antoine ever play
aggressive enough defense to crack someone's ribs? I'm hoping that Antoine
sticks with the program too. I'm looking forward to seeing Antoine take it
in and jam it over hapless defenders, reject Tim Duncan's shots, and muscle
Karl Malone out of rebounds. OK, I would settle for him getting enough
elevation to avoid getting his shot blocked so often.

Alex