Dream Cast

This is my final day to dream.  Tomorrow I will face reality and begin
to rationalize that we're going to get at least two helpful athletes
for the future.

At #10, for the Boston Celtics:  Joe Johnson.  Johnson is still a
pup, but he has the tools and some experience.  He would be an
excellent outside scorer, a good passer, capable defender.  If the
reports are accurate, he is my choice as the best two-guard available
in the draft.  (He may drop to #10, but I'm not getting my hopes up).

And with the eleventh pick of the first round of the 2001 NBA draft,
the Celtics select Richard Jefferson, forward from Arizona.  Yes.  I
know he is 75% likely to be there at 11.  That's the beauty.  I think
Jefferson brings defense, size, athleticism.  He will be the Michael
Cooper, the DJ of the team, able to stop opposing twos or threes.  So,
why should we take Murphy or Radman or any other forward when one
great defensive player is more valuable?

Cheers.  Oh, and at #21, the Celtics choose  . . . heck, I have no
idea who I will want there.  Whoever falls, maybe Randolph, maybe Cook
or Tinsley, maybe Forte.

Gene