RE: My final wish list AND insider stuff

Mark,
I don't think you need fear about Johnson, since I am guessing
he will be gone by ten.  My own (current) wish list has come around
to something like this:
10.  Diop.  (same reasoning)
11.  Bradley or Murphy (both these guys are ready to contribute
	right away, and they both bring much-needed size.  Murphy
	gives you muscle and toughness; Bradley desperately-needed
	low-post scoring and interior passing.  Either one would help
	while mr. Diop develops.
21.  Omar Cook.  Point guards are born, not made, and their job is to push
	the ball and set guys up, not shoot, or even to
	make off-balance three pointers.  That said, he might not be better
	than Chris Herren; if not, take Joe Forte, a proven scorer for all
that.

ESPN Insider:
not much today.  Amazingly, they are actually talking about Stephen Hunter
as a
top-ten pick:
  Steven the Hunted

Oh what a difference Michael Jordan's trainer and a pre-draft camp in
Chicago make. DePaul's Steven Hunter, who just weeks ago was considered a
second-round pick, may be experiencing a Jamal Crawford like bump in his
stock as the draft nears.

Hunter worked out in Cleveland and Detroit this weekend and an NBA source
told Insider that the Cavs and the Pistons are seriously looking at Hunter
now as a top 10 pick.

This marks a huge turnaround for Hunter, who was considered too passive and
inconsistent during his two years at DePaul. A serious off-season
conditioning program (he put on 25 pounds of muscle under the tutelage of
Tim Grover) and some stellar workouts when he clearly outhustled potential
lottery picks seem to be getting Hunter all of the buzz.

and here's their analysis of picks 11-16

11. Boston Celtics (from Denver)

Likely picks: Joe Johnson, Richard Jefferson, Jamaal Tinsley, Vladimir
Radmanovic

Celtics GM Chris Wallace is trying to package picks for a trade to get
higher in the draft. Assuming that the Celtics keep both their 10th and 11th
picks, they could go several ways.

What they do likely will depend on how Iowa State guard Jamaal Tinsley does
in individual workouts. The Celtics like him and think he's cut out of the
same mold as Cleveland's Andre Miller. He may even be available when they
pick again at 22, but don't count on it. Tinsley has been shooting the ball
well at recent workouts (the big knock against him) and his late season
swoon could be erased by a series of strong workouts. He's the most seasoned
point guard in the draft and the Celtics might be unwilling to gamble that
he'll fall another 11 picks, especially with the Warriors zeroing on Tinsley
at 14.

Boston will take a look at an athletic backcourt player, especially if it
adds a big man like Bradley or Murphy with pick 10. Joe Johnson's stock has
fallen a bit and he may be a strong pickup here. He has the shooting touch
and athleticism to come right in and contribute at the two. Richard
Jefferson is a sleeper here. He has the athleticism, speed and defensive
prowess the Celtics need.

Another sleeper is Yugoslavia's Vladimir Radmanovic. This seems a bit early
for him, but he won't be around at 21. Houston, if it misses out on Gasol,
will take a long look at him if Seattle doesn't grab him at 12.

12. Seattle Supersonics

Likely picks: Brendan Haywood, Loren Woods, Michael Bradley, Vladimir
Radmanovic

The Sonics have just recently become very aggressive in trade talk to move
up into the top 3 picks in the draft. They are after one of the high school
big man and would love a shot at Kwame Brown or Eddy Curry. Don't be
surprised at all to see Seattle in the top 3 by draft day.

If the Sonics stay at 12, they'll likely settle on the best big man left.
Michael Bradley, will probably be gone and Loren Woods' stock may also put
him out of reach. UNC center Brendan Haywood is an enigma. Scouts love his
body and athleticism, but does he give a full effort every night? It depends
on who you ask, but it wouldn't be a stretch to see Haywood go here.

Vladimir Radmanovic lit it up when the Sonics had him in to work out.
They've invited him back for a second look. He can shoot the 3, handle the
ball and has enough bulk to bang inside. He could be very dangerous when
teamed up with point guard Gary Payton and swingman Rashard Lewis.

13. Houston Rockets

Likely picks: Richard Jefferson, Joe Johnson, Vladimir Radmanovic

The Rockets have unsuccessfully tried to move up to grab Pau Gasol, but its
very unlikely that he's here by the time of the draft. A lot of what the
Rockets do will depend on what they think their chances are of landing Chris
Webber or re-signing Mo Taylor this summer. Chances are good that Taylor
will re-up and we think Houston will be a very serious player for Webber
this summer.

Given all of that, Richard Jefferson looks like a great pick for the
Rockets. Jefferson is an absolute athletic phenomenon (Bill Walton called
him the best athlete in the history of college basketball . . . of course
that was Bill Walton) and proved he can play NBA style defense. Put
Jefferson together with Steve Francis and Cuttino Mobley and watch out.

Joe Johnson is another possibility. He's not as athletic as Jefferson, but
he's a better shooter and scorer. And given all of the buzz, this could be
the final destination for Vladimir Radmanvic. Radmanovic also had a stellar
workout in Houston and has been invited back for a second workout as well.
Rudy T absolutely loves Radmanovic's type and he may be a nice consolation
prize if the Rockets fail in their bid to land Gasol.

If Jefferson, Johnson and Radmanovic are gone, expect the Rockets to take
the best player available. Michael Bradley had a strong workout for the
Rockets and Loren Woods is still very at this point.

14. Golden State Warriors (from Indiana)

Likely picks: Jamaal Tinsley, Joe Johnson, Richard Jefferson, Omar Cook

The Warriors still need a point guard to take control of their team. If
Boston passes on Jamaal Tinsley, expect the Warriors to jump on him at 14.
Tinsley's stock has dropped in the eyes of several scouts after a late
season swoon but the Warriors would be crazy to pass on him here. He and
Battier are the most NBA ready players in the draft.

If Tinsley is gone, expect the Warriors to go for more help in the
backcourt. Joe Johnson could be a steal and would put some pressure on the
poor shooting Larry Hughes. Richard Jefferson would add more athleticism to
the team and if they really want a point guard, its plausible that the
Warriors could reach for St. John's point guard Omar Cook. He isn't the
gritty leader they'd like, but his command of the floor is without peer in
this year's draft.

The Magic will take a long look at Randolph at 15.
15. Orlando Magic

Likely picks: Michael Bradley, Zach Randolph, Jason Collins, Steven Hunter

The Magic by all accounts will go big this year. At this point it's tough to
gauge who'll be available. If Michael Bradley is on the board, he's a steal
at 15. He'd come in and give them instant offense at the four. Zach Randolph
is a bigger project but has the wide body to bang inside, something the
Magic have needed desperately since losing Ben Wallace. A league source told
Insider that Randolph has caught the Magic's eye and it's unlikely they'll
pass on him if he's still around at 15.

That is, however, unless the Magic feel they have to grab Steven Hunter.
Hunter's stock is rising quickly. The Magic thought he'd be available when
they draft again at 22, but that's looking less likely.

Coming Tuesday: Picks 16-20