Murphy vs. Bradley

     I've been in Canada all week and upon returning,
was suprised to see Bradley and Murphy resurfacing on
our radar for the 10, 11 picks.  I think this is
legitimate as many of the other teams have become so
obsessed with the unknown that they have ignored the
All-Americans and known commodities before their very
eyes.  As far as comparing the 2, I am an ND grad,
watched a lot of Big East basketball, and obviously am
a biased source.  That being said, I love them both.
Either would DESTROY a zone with their shooting.
While most favor Bradley, I favor Murphy.  He is
deadly from 20 and in and I have no doubt that he'll
extend that to the NBA 3.  He has an above average
inside game as well and is a legit 6'10".  He plays
with attitude and fire and I see a lot of that McHale
cockiness in him.  Other fans would hate him. . .and
we need to get that feeling back.  He is definitely
more atheltic than people give him credit for and was
sneaky in beating other big men back and finishing
with slams on the break.  On the down side, I think
Bradley has a better back to the basket game.  Also,
Murph disappointed me at times last year, seeming to
get mopey and distractible in some games. . .possibly
looking to the pros too soon.  Either would be a great
pick and would be a solid move toward getting Antoine
to his natural point forward position.  Unfortunately,
I don't see either as being the shot blocking presence
we need so I have my reservations as well.
     In summary, my first choice is packaging picks to
move up for Curry.  My second hope (and what I think
really will happen) is that one of the top five such
as Diop drop to us.  My third choice is to decide
between Murph or Bradley.  Obviously, if that is my
third choice, I'm pretty excited about this draft.
Can't wait til the 20th!

Goggin in Cincinnati