The Truth About the Finals

I'm not just saying because I hate Philadelphia.  But
they really didn't deserve to win.  Everybody talks
about how much heart they have, teamwork, etc. etc.
But if a team is going to beat another team with much
more talent, they have to do it by playing true,
old-school style basketball.  Philadelphia throughout
this series missed their free throws, passed up or
missed open shots (how many times was Mutumbo open at
the foul line?), failed to use fouls wisely, and etc.
And as much as I like Iverson, he didn't deserve to
win either.  When they overplay you to the right,
you're supposed to go left.  His insistence on going
right, just like his insistence on taking fallaway
three pointers, was more bad karma.  I hope next year
somebody comes along to really hand the Lakers their
ass.  It won't be philadelphia.  This is as far as
they are going to go.  And that's just their tough
luck.  Remember the 87 Celtics?  We knew they wouldn't
get back.  Philadelphia can look forward to another
ten years of decline, as we ascend on the wings of our
young stars.

glad to get that out of my system.  On the draft
front, am I crazy, or am I getting to like the idea of
taking one of the white guys?  It really looks like
they both will contribute right away, and neither one
is really a perimeter player.  If bradley really is
all that, he would be a great addition.  And it's
looking more and more like Diop might be headed our
way too!  Better still, it  looks like Omar Cook will
be there for us at 21.  I wish we hadn't have worked
out Brian Scalabrine, though; he gives me the chills.
I really see why these guys like keeping that 21st
pick; we can really get somebody good there.  I bet
that Wallace and co. are betting that none of the 6-9
teams have the cajones to draft Gasol, knowing that
they won't get him for a year.  it takes a lot of
security (or a second lottery pick) to take that
gamble.  Gasol/Bradley?  Diop/Murphy?
Johnson/Radovic?
Let's start popping corks now!

Josh