rockets workout reportq

this is also from the clutch city bb.  Check it out...

This is the same guy that Swopa told us about earlier who reported an eyewitness account of Jason Richardson's and Shane Battier's workout. In other words, he seems pretty legit.

Here's what he thought of the latest players that have come through Atlanta, namely Brown and Diop. Very interesting read, especially his belief that Diop is without a doubt a better player than Curry which is odd considering most experts put Curry higher on their mock drafts than Diop. Enjoy......

Archie's Friday workout report
OK here I go. I hope this won't be too long.

4 Players: Kwame Brown, DeSagna Diop, Samuel Dalembert, and Michael Bradley.

Kwame: WOW! WOW! WOW! IF it was my choice, the pick is Kwame. He is the man. I don't think I even need to see Griffin, who is due in sometime next week.

Kwame Brown just turned 19 in March. He is mature on the court and off. His presence on the court is lightyears above that of Eddy Curry. There is simply no comparison.
This kid is great now - and will be terrific in two years. I just don't see a downside. No I'm not his agent or his cousin.

He went up against the other three on one on one drills and was very impressive. Brown was tough defensively, relentless. While on Wed, Curry was half-assing his way through everything. Brown did not stop. He stopped them all at one point. They did score on him, but he made it VERY difficult.

Offensively, he glides down the court looking like someone who is not 6-11. You can tell he has excellent passing skills and is not your typical static big man.

I thought throughout the day who to compare him to. It's hard to put labels on kids. But I'd have to say Garnett. Like Garnett, this kid is not your typical high schooler going pro. I just don't see much negative with him. He's very poised for a 19 year old.

Some people wonder if we should count on another high school kid - one who we'd have to wait on for two or three years. Well, we won't have to wait on Kwame. I'd be SHOCKED beyond belief if he's not successful very quickly in the NBA. This is not like your typical kid who just went to the prom.

Now this is going to be hard to believe, but Diop is not that much different. First of all, he's a MONSTER. The kid is wide like a Mac truck. Plus, he can SHOOT. There is no comparison between Diop and Curry. I'd take Diop any day over Curry.

He's also very tough on defense. It was fun watching Diop and Kwame go at it one on one. I can't tell you one was far superior over the other. Kwame stopped Diop more than Diop stopped Kwame. But it was a great matchup. I thought that I was looking at a couple of future all stars out there.

Diop had 90 - that's right - 90 on the Superman drill. He just kept dunking and dunking and dunking.

BTW, I was wrong on Loren Woods. Forgive me. I was watching Curry when Woods was going at it on that drill and I was told it was 50 something. It was 76.

But Diop killed that mark. Brown - I believe - had around the mid 30's.

Dalembert was very athletic. Rangy. Nice dunks. But I don't think he'll be anything more than a nice backup in the league.

Bradley didn't impress me much. He was late to the workout due to a late flight. He's a late first rounder if you ask me.

But man I'm telling you, Kwame Brown is tough. I just hope and pray the kid is there at 3. He's going to be a great NBA player. He has a jumper. He's tough under the basket. He's intelligent on the court. AND HE'S 19!

As far as size, I was told Diop was measured at 7-0...310. He's lost a bit of weight in the last few weeks. BUT he is not fat. This kid is not Stanley Roberts. He's not Tractor Traylor. He would have made Curry look like Charlie Criss. Diop is a big kid - and he's only 18!

Brown is maybe a smidge smaller than Diop. So he's a legit 6-11. Dalembert is about the same size as Kwame.