Woods, Forte

I'm about to suggest something unconventional, again.
I don't think that Loren Woods would be a bad choice
at #10,#11.  If Johnson fell to us, those two would
represent a well-balanced package.  Reasons:  Woods
played very well in the tournament; he is 7'2" in
sneakers (that's tall), he blocks shots, he has a good
offensive game, he shoots well from the line.  His
only knock is a supposed softness.  Well, to be sure,
no one is going to match up against Shaq and if that's
the measure, then we will never like a center
prospect.  I think Woods brings excellent all around
skills and would be quite an upgrade over our troika.
Then, trade either Battie or Vitaly as desired.  I
just don't see much downside in a 7'2" center who is
nimble, blocks and shoots very well.  Our brass should
have a feeling by now if he has the desire to compete.

Likewise, Forte at #21.  He may not be better than
Arenas, but he's good.  He can shoot and rebound and
play defense.  He has the confidence of a money
player.  And I don't worry about being able to get
your shot off against the pros.  Stockton can do it.
Tiny could do it.  Barkley could do it.  Scorers find
a way to get their shots off; it's what they do.
Forte will find a way to score.  So, I wouldn't mind
at all if he were the choice.

Guys I wouldn't want with current info:  Murphy or
Diop or Cook early.  The later pick won't be nearly as
controversial as the early ones.  Enjoy.  Ten days to
go.  Gene