Tinsley and Golden State

At 14:57 15/06/01 +0800, kevin from singapore wrote:
>absolutely I agree. Even if GS wants lottery protect for it's pick
>(like Nuggets), I would do it. Next year's draft should be PG heavy. I
>can live with Palacio/brown/Herren combo.
>
>for how to horde draft picks, see Orlando. Every year now, they've got
>at least 2 first round picks. Houston is learning the same thing. We
>should.
>
>  W <titans@ihug.com.au> wrote:
> > Subject: Re: Trade em.
> >
> > Golden State wants Tinsley bad.... Select Tinsley at 11, trade him to
> > Golden State for 14 and a future first round pick. Similar to their deal
> > with Indiana that got them 14 in the first place (the draft rights to
> > Vonteego Cummings for the draft rights to Jeff Foster and a first round
> > draft pick).
> >
> > Warwick

Alternatively, maybe if Chris Wallace bluffed hard enough about Boston's
lust for point guard Tinsley at #11, we could get Golden State to consider
swapping both their two 2001 picks (#5 and #14) for ours.

I'm not necessarily sure what great things would be available with those
two GS picks, but it may be worth considering. Golden State badly needs a
point guard. (I guess on paper Boston badly needs one as well).

As Mark Berry illustrated in his Detroit scenario, other GMs will leverage
the needs of other teams into improving their own draft positions. We could
have done that last year, for example, by bluffing Dallas that we would
draft Courtney Alexander.

Joe

***