Re: What about Cisse?

Hi Jim: I read Cisse tore his ACL in late December and his handlers kept it
a secret until individual workouts started this month. Cisse apparently is
in no shape to work out right now. Maybe a Popeye Jones situation. Really
sad to see. With medical advances these days he'll probably find his way
back into the league eventually as a slightly less explosive athlete, but
he's already permanently renounced the right to a college basketball
scholarship by declaring for this draft (a pretty draconian rule) and you
have to wonder who's going to pay for the rehab and whether he'll have the
best treatment. It's a shame. He had a scholarship offer from Louisville,
where Pitino is trying to rebuild. He is from Mali, an underdeveloped,
landlocked country in West Africa. Sagana Diop is from neighboring Senegal.

---