No Subject

	There is a reason why certain teams like Boston have won more
championships than other teams, despite that the NBA draft helps the weak
at the expense of the strong. The great teams have defeated the law of
averages (read: stomped it) by going out and trading for a center, while
the rest of the league GMs with the same opportunities stood on the sidelines.

	For instance, the starting center on the Boston Celtics was acquired via
draft day trade in a statistically significant 14 out our 16 championship
teams. We'd still have been good, but take that away and we might be
hanging "Division Champions" or "Finals Runnerup" banners proudly from the
Garden/Fleet rafters. Lame.

	Meanwhile, the Gaykers won not through luck or superior scouting but by
trading for already established MVP or Hall of Fame level pivot men in Wilt
(from Philly), Kareem (from Bucks) and Shaq (from Orlando). That's it.
Simple as that. The point is that every GM in the league KNEW how awesome
these players were, just as they knew (or should have) that Moses Malone
was worth messing up the fantastic team chemistry and depth on an
established 60-win-level Sixers team. That was admittedly a gutsy move by
Philly management, but not even as ballsy as trading an All Star/HOF center
from the previous season (Ed McCauley) and a future All Star (Cliff Hagan)
just to have a shot at drafting an offensively clumsy and Boston
fan-unfriendly Bill Russell.

	So if Chris Wallace thinks he may have among the more enviable cards to
trade up with MJ for a franchise big man, then he sure as heck better go
scout the two big kids ("Chicken" Curry & Kwame) and decide if they are
worth it. If they aren't "franchise" caliber, then FINE, but at least
invite them in for a look. Do it as a favor.

	I am not as sanguine about these kids' future as maybe Mark Berry is. No
doubt we could be talking about another "can't miss" just like Joe Barry
Carrol, Kent Benson, Ralph Sampson, Pervis Ellison, Joe Smith and Michael
Kandi-girl (all I think they went #1). No doubt Walker is set to have a
better year when he is 26-27-28 years old than almost any guy in this draft
will ever have in their entire careers. I actually believe this.

	But rather than prudently explore the option of doing what EVERY great GM
has done in their career, we have to read instead about hopefully moving up
two spots for a chance to draft Chihuahua Boy. POR FAVOR!  I'm not saying
Gasol won't be great star (how would I even know?) but imagine Boston
pushing for the playoffs with a team full of soft, 3-point chuckers, not
one of whom can defend well or help out Walker on the boards (and he needs
a lot of help). I mean how much of this b.s. are we supposed to continue to
take as Celtics fans? Why does management have to drive us nuts over here.