Re: Sportstalk: Celtics going hard for Gasol

I think the Gasol business is all a smokescreen. The Celts are looking to
move up to get someone else. I think it is Diop. Diop is scheduled to work
out for the 3 teams above the Celts and just after the Griz pick. Therefore,
you probably have to move up to 6 to be sure to get him.

After watching the league let Shaq bully Mutombo, you got to think you have
to have a legitimate guy in the post to at least hold the block. If you want
to think championship, you need a real center, case closed.

I can believe that the Celts would offer 10 and 11 to get a real center. It
is because a real center would make up for Walker's defefiencys at power
forward. You got to have a rebounding, shotblocking bruiser at center if you
have a finesse player at power forward. Therefore, I am supportive if it is
guaranteed we get a real center, but I question it if it is just to get
Gasol. Gasol will certainly help but doesn't scratch the itch.

Remember that SportsTalk also reported that the Griz was willing to talk 13,
18 and 23 for the 6 pick from Houston to save next year's pick. Now they need
a extra pick for next year (they host the draft) so I bet they take our 11
this year and a top 10 protected pick of ours from next year for their 6 pick
this year....

DJessen33