NBAtalk Rumor Page

Sportstalk's discussion of the tops picks and possible moves

 http://204.202.129.224/nba/

some excerpts

More established teams, like the Knicks, Timberwolves and the Celtics, are itching to grab a young prospect.  They feel they have the time to develop them.  Even the "Sleuth" Jerry Krause acknowledged what sportsTALK first reported last week . . . it may be time to dump the youth movement and get some guys in who can play right away.  "There's quite a bit of interest in the fourth pick," Krause told the Chicago Tribune. Packaging the fourth pick with one of the Bulls' young talents could net a veteran, and one NBA executive said Krause has made it clear that he's willing to listen to offers. "Right now we're trying to figure out who might be at 4 and who we like for that pick," Krause said. "When you get that done, then you take a look at other things."

If the Bulls do keep their pick, count them among the suitors for F. C. Barcelona star Pau Gasol. "We know Pau very well," Krause told the Chicago Sun. "I've seen a lot of tape on him." Complicating things for NBA teams is that no one is likely to get Gasol in for a private workout.  His team is currently playing in the playoffs and the season may not end until June 25th, just two days before the draft.  His agent, Herb Rudoy says that Gasol won't have time to workout.  "There won't be any time for a workout," said Rudoy. "I don't see any possible way he could make it over here in time after a rigorous season."

NBAtalk